Coaches Code of Conduct
• I will remember that all the players are playing for their enjoyment, not for mine.
• I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
• I will do my best to provide a safe playing environment for all players.
• I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that the amateur athletes are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
• I will respect the official’s decisions and communicate with them in an appropriate manner and I will encourage my players to do the same.
• I will encourage all players to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
• I will teach my players good sportsmanship.
• I will never ridicule or yell at the players, coaches or officials for making a mistake.
• I will applaud good players’ performances on both teams.
• I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
• I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
• I will not consume alcohol or smoke on, or near the vicinity of the players’ benches.
• I will not use bad language, nor will I harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators.
• I will be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations and teach these rules to the players on my team.
• I will encourage my players to respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans & officials.
• I will be responsible for my own behavior and also the behavior of my team members, their parents & fans.
• I will have respect for all the facilities and equipment used in the sport.
Created by: undefined -- Last updated:Jan 08, 2017